GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Character Poster-Palooza!
By Shawn Depasquale on June 16, 2014
If you took all the excitement in all of the more excitable children in all of the world it wouldn’t add up to a fraction of the anticipatory excitement I have for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy. With each trailer release, one-sheet, story description and character poster my desire to jam the movie directly into my brain and let it marinate only increases.
Marvel knows this, and at this point they’re just taunting us with these tiny snippets of full Guardian unbridled kick-asery. Today saw the release of three new character posters: Star-Lord, Drax, and Gamora each one cooler than the next. Let’s bask in the warming comfort of these phenomenally designed posters.
AAAAHH!! Some random thoughts:
- Look at Star-Lord’s sideburns! They are probably the best I’ve ever seen and I’m a big fan of kick-ass ‘burns.
- And those blasters look wicked cool! I love the duel-barrel and the way he grips them in the center, but if you look carefully you can still see his finger slipped into a trigger.
- Where and when can I order one of those coats? Ooops! Nevermind! Anyone have $189.00 I can borrow?!
- Wasn’t sure they could believably pull off Drax, but did they ever! Those tattoos are bitchin’, I love how they appear to be raised off his flesh.
- Speaking of flesh… check out those blades! I wonder how violent they’ll let him get? Think we’ll get to see him slashing through Kree soldiers with wild abandon?
- I didn’t think it was possible for me to be this attached to a green person, but Gamora does it for me. In a weird way. I’ve got to wrap this up to go talk to my shrink about this sudden affection for green-skinned alien babes. I have my suspicions and I think it have a lot to do with her hair.
- The cool thing is that she’s not just eye-candy, as we’ve already been given quite a few glimpses of Gamora in action in the trailers.
Guardians of the Galaxy stars Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, featuring Vin Diesel as Groot, and Bradley Cooper as Rocket. It’s directed by James Gunn, who’s no stranger to superheroes, since one of his earliest films is a very funny indie called The Specials, which you should check out if you haven’t seen. The trailer is included below:
The film also stars Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Djimon Hounsou, with John C. Reilly, Glenn Close as Nova Prime and Benicio Del Toro as The Collector! With a star-studded cast of colorful, characters from the deepest parts of Marvel galactic lore the movie promises to deliever a totally unique filmgoing experience when it premieres August 1st, 2014.