Thrillbent Launches Its Own App and Subscription Service
By Charles Webb on April 25, 2014
Thursday morning, indie comics label Thrillbent announced the launch of its app and digital subscription service for the company’s line of comics.
Boasting 250 books to start – including Mark Waid’s Insufferable – the service will offer a $3.99/month subscription to Thrillbent’s catalog of ongoing titles and back issues. Plus, they’ve got some new titles in the pipe for 2014:
– Empire, Vol. 2 by Mark Waid, Barry Kitson and colorist Chris Sotomayor
– The House in the Wall, a horror series by The Eight Seal’s James Tynion IV and Noah J. Yuenkel and artist Eryk Donovan
– Insufferable: Home Field Advantage, the next series of Insufferable adventures by Mark Waid, Peter Krause, Nolan Woodard and Troy Peteri
– The Best Thing, an upcoming series by The New York Times bestselling fantasy writer Seanan McGuire
– The return of The Damnation of Charlie Wormwood, by Christy Blanch, Chris Carr, & Chee
Like Dark Horse, Thrillbent is looking to drive traffic to its own digital storefront rather than giving a piece to third-party apps like comiXology. Their pricing isn’t too far off what other publishers are asking for first-run books, plus making the subscription cover all of the titles in the Thrillbent line draws on the same kind of all-you-can-read service that Marvel offers with its Unlimited service.