Report: HALLOWEEN 3D Is A Go Again
By Eric Diaz on April 30, 2014
Although the movie was said to be shelved a while back, it looks like you can’t keep a good masked killer/embodiment of all evil down for long. According to website Bloody-Disgusting, news out of Cannes is that the The Weinstein Company, longtime rights holders to the series since Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (that’s Halloween 6 to the uninitiated), is once again looking to get Halloween 3D off the ground. Originally announced back in 2009, right before the sequel to Rob Zombie’s Halloween reboot was released, the box office performance of Halloween II led to the Weinsteins quietly putting a third movie on the back-burner. Screenwriters Todd Farmer and Patrick Lussier had previously been working on a script, but there’s a good chance they could be starting from scratch this time.
Will the be a sequel to Zombie’s two movies, or yet another reboot? I’d say the odds are that this is going to be yet another re-invention. A couple of years back, Marvel Studios storyboard artist Federico D’Alessandro made a pretty kick-ass storyboard animatic for the opening scene of a potential reboot, a more brutal and intense re-imagining of Michael Myers’ escape from Smith’s Grove Sanitarium from the original 1978 John Carpenter film. The hope was this could land him the gig of directing the film. Talks fell through when the Weinsteins shelved the movie, but now that it’s said to be back on, if I were them, I’d be giving D’Alessandro a call right about now.