Music Geek Track of the Week: Capybara’s ‘Angelo’
By Matt Grosinger on January 31, 2014
A lot going on with this week’s edition of track of the week. So the first question you probably have is: “Is that band PETTING A GIANT BEAVER!?,” and the answer to that question is: kinda. Capybara, the Kansas City-based band that wrote the catchy hymnal below, are named after the capybara, the earth’s largest rodents, which reside primarily in South America and are all named Norbert and Daggett.
Part two of this song’s awesomeness is that “Angelo” is an original track from the new BOATS compilation, which is sending 70% of its proceeds to fund the Light of Love Children’s Home for disenfranchised children in Tuni, India. The other 30% are going to the arts organization Everything is New, which produced this and other charitable creative efforts. Other artists on this compilation include Four Tet, Califone, and YACHT, and all musicians were required to sample the Light of Love Children’s Choir in their songs, which is pretty fucking awesome if you ask me. Groove out below, shake your vestigial capybara tail, and definitely check out the rest of this awesome 29-song album.