Course of the Force, Day 4 Recap
By Perry Michael Simon on July 13, 2013
EDITOR’S NOTE: Here’s the Day 4 video wrapup of Course of the Force, the lightsaber relay from Skywalker Ranch to San Diego to benefit the Make-a-Wish Foundation, via the Nerdist Channel. The lightsaber mads its way from Pacific Palisades to Santa Monica this time, and Chris Hardwick was on hand along with Ashley Eckstein to bring you the video highlights. Our own Dan Casey is recapping each day at courseoftheforce.starwars.com, and that’s where he posted this:
Although the Pacific Palisades easily sounds like it could be an outpost of the Rebel Alliance, it’s actually a tony neighborhood along the California coast in Los Angeles! It’s also, coincidentally, where we kicked off Day 4 of Course of the Force for a sunny, fun-filled race that took us all the way down the Santa Monica Pier where tons of Star Wars fans gathered to enjoy Otter Pop Ice Sabers, get Force-choked by Darth Vader in the Qualcomm Cantina and marvel at the majesty of Jabba’s Sail Barge. Today was also a star-studded affair as Iron Man 3‘s Ty Simpkins, Robot Chicken‘s Kevin Shinick, Friday Night Lights’ Aimee Teegarden and Friday the 13th‘s Danielle Panabaker proved that the Force is strong with them by running segments in today’s leg of the race.
Host Alex Albrecht made his triumphant return to the Course of the Force to cover today’s run while Chris Hardwick and Ashley Eckstein were on hand to wrap up the day’s events at the conival by the beach. It was kind of like the party celebrations on Naboo after the defeat of the Trade Federation’s invading forces, except with way more popsicles. In other words, it was awesome. Would you like to see some highlights? I think you would. Search your feelings…you know it to be true.
- Going our way? Danielle Panabaker hitches a ride on the Sail Barge before running her leg of Course of the Force.
Nerdist CEO/bounty hunter Peter Levin and Ty Simpkins showed up off their Star Wars sartorial swagger before today’s run.
Forget how much Robert Downey Jr. trained for Iron Man 3; we want to know how much Ty trained for today’s run!
- This looks like such an album cover it isn’t even funny. Alderaan Duran’s “Deadly Like the Star”?
- The only thing that would make those inflatable lightsabers cooler is if they lead to an inflatable Death Star Trash Compactor bouncy castle. Next year…
- Cinemark’s Front Row Joe found the droid he was looking for at our conival.
- Chris Hardwick grooved to some jams by The Spazmatics who played a free concert for all those at the Santa Monica Pier conival.
- Then he and the eternally fashionable Ashley Eckstein sat down for the Day 4 wrap-up show! Now, on to the next one! Sequel! Sequel!
The Force is all around you and you can stay connected to all the latest Course of the Force happenings simply by downloading the Qualcomm-powered Course of the Force app (coming soon to iOS)! Want to see the latest photos or have one of your own to share? Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook! Or you can find out how to get involved in the race and how to make a charitable donation to the Make-a-Wish Foundation. May the Force be with you always and I’ll see you on the Course!