The 5 Most Intentionally Funny Videos This Week 6/3
By Jake Kroeger on July 3, 2012
Obviously, you’re going to have plenty of downtime this 4th of July after food coma hits you after a patriotic helping of something covered in BBQ sauce, something deep fried, and, perhaps, a grilled peach (still, to this day, one of the most delicious things I’ve ever eaten). That makes for the perfect time to check out The 5 Most Intentionally Funny Videos This Week.
1. Matt Besser’s mockumentary improv class web series, Inside the Master Class, explores the racial tension of trying to add a black guy to your all white improv group.
2. British comedian Matt Kirshen makes a claim for the nerdiest of all injuries on his fantastic set on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson.
3. From the latest batch of Dan Harmon and Rob Schrab’s Channel 101 last month, series Gumbel finished at the top with it’s one of a kind, beautifully shot, absurdist humor.
4. YouTube has launched their Official Comedy channel and started several web series including Behind the Heckle, in which performers tell of their worst incidents when being heckled on stage. This episode has Seth Herzog telling how he caused and dealt with performing in front of a birthday party of someone who just died.
5. Another Channel 101 series makes our list because, well, it’s just that good. Oh Shit! is just about the most ridiculous “anti-talk show” there could ever be with time portals, a vengeful Paul Bunyan, and mitosis.
Per usual, I’m taking submissions for the 5 MIFV like the two featured above. Same rules still apply.
-E-mail embeddable video link to firstname.lastname@example.org
-Submit by the end of Monday (which would be 7/10)
-Videos must be posted online (i.e. have a time stamp that says so) between now 7/3 and the end of Monday 7/9
-Don’t add any cover letters or explanations; please just send the link