“The Nerdist Way” Has Arrived
by Perry Michael Simon on November 1, 2011
All right, you expected that we’d be telling you that. And you can understand our excitement here at Nerdist Industries, because HOW COOL IS THIS? CHRIS WROTE A BOOK AND IT’S, LIKE, IN BOOKSTORES! You can walk into your Barnes and Noble and your Books-a-Million and your local independent bookstore and buy it! Or you can go online and order it, or have it downloaded to your Kindle or Nook or whatever. Either way, HOW COOL IS THIS? I’m sorry, but we’re going to have to call amazeballs on this.
Let’s go over some of the important questions you need to have answered:
1. What’s it about? It’s about how to channel your nerd strengths and manage your time and life to, as the subtitle says, “reach the next level (in real life).” If you enjoy this here website, and you’re interested in a funny, smart book that will help guide you towards success and happiness, this’ll do it. If not, buy it anyway.
2. Where can I get it? Everywhere fine books are sold in the U.S. of A. Amazon, Barnes and Noble (in stores and online), Books-a-Million, Powell’s in Portland, and your favorite chain or indie bookstores should all have it, and the e-book version’s available for Kindle and Nook and in EPUB format and in the iBooks store, too. You can find links to online ordering here. I’m seeing it on the UK Amazon site and at some locations of Canada’s Indigo/Chapters/Coles stores, too, for what it’s worth. And then there’s…
3. Can I get an autographed copy? Glad you asked that. Chris will be touring the country and signing books in various locations. We don’t know all the dates and locations yet, but it starts TONIGHT, November 1st, at the Apple Store in downtown San Francisco, the one at 1 Stockton Street (right there where Ellis and Market and 4th converge), two blocks south of Union Square, a block south of Macy’s, Powell Street BART station. You know the one. Chris will be there to meet and greet at 6:30 pm Pacific. He’ll be back in Portland on the 9th at 7:30 pm Pacific to distribute hugs at Powell’s City of Books on Burnside. Go.
4. How big is it? 15.5 ounces, 8.3 x 5.8 x 1 inches.
5. Can it be used as a flotation device? No.
6. But Hodgman’s book is coming out today, too! That’s not a question, and you can buy both.
So your mission today is to buy The Nerdist Way, or, if, like me, you pre-ordered it, to stand at your door for several days waiting for the UPS guy to show up. Buy two copies. Buy ten. Buy dozens. They make great gifts. Leave them in strategic locations on coffee tables to add that air of sophistication for any room. What are you waiting for? Go, buy, enjoy, and thank you.
(Psst… wanna win one? GeekChicDaily’s running a contest- they’ll pick three people who sign up for their emails and give the winners a book and Nerdist t-shirt. Read all about it by clicking here and enter and see the rules by clicking here. Contest closes November 8, 2011.)